Stay informed, stay safe!

Fireplace servicing and safety information to keep you and your family safe while enjoying your gas fireplace.



While a gas-fired fireplace can be a source of warmth and beauty in your home, it is also a potential danger for serious burns if the proper precautions are not taken.  It is important to know the safety measures to take when your fireplace is on and when it is cooling down after being shut off.  Maintenance and regular servicing of your fireplace can help detect any potential risks or safety concerns with your fireplace before they become a problem.


Maintenance Guidelines & Suggestions

If you are not confident with doing maintenance or cleaning on your own, always call a qualified service technician.  When handling gas fireplaces it is always better to be safe than sorry!



Safety Hints & Tips 

  • Gas fireplaces can reach extreme temperatures while on, as well as during the cooling down period after being shut off.  Always use extreme caution and never touch the glass of the fireplace. Severe burns can occur.
  • Door frames, grills and metal surrounds will become hot and could cause burns
  • After January 1st, 2015 all gas-fired, certified fireplaces will include a safety screen for added protection from the hot glass
  • Keep family members and guests aware that glass on the fireplace gets hot, and stay hot after it is turned off
  • Always supervise children and pets around hot surfaces (on or off)
  • Keep combustible and heat sensitive objects away from the fireplace (clothing, furniture, drapery, candles etc.)
  • Keep remotes out of reach of children to avoid turning the fireplace on

If you ever have any questions about maintenance or safety procedures for your gas-fired fireplace, consult your owner's manual or call a qualified service technician for help.


Enjoy all the features and benefits of your fireplace in your home!
Stay informed and up-to-date on maintenance and safety.




view all comments (1) add a comment
Subscribe to this Blog Like on Facebook Tweet this! Share on LinkedIn